Introduction to Personality
This is a presentation about the nature of personality presented to the Spiritualist Society of Reno as a weekly talk. The Society meets every Sunday and has a different person give the weekly talk. The purpose of this talk was to explain contemporary understanding of the nature of Principle 4 and 5 of the National Spiritualist Association of Churches (NSAC) Declaration of Principles.
NSAC Spiritualism is based on the assumption that the phenomena of transcommunication and healing intention are supported by sound research and reasonable philosophy. While it is organized as a religion, there is no dogma. Nine principles outline to sum total of NSAC Spiritualist precepts:
- We believe in Infinite Intelligence. (God, Source)
- We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence. (All is intended order)
- We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitute true religion. (Natural Law)
- We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death. (Survival)
- We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proved by the phenomena of Spiritualism. (Transcommunication–mediumship, ITC)
- We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” (You might understand this as Teach me as I teach you)
- We affirm the moral responsibility of individuals and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature’s physical and spiritual laws. (Personal responsibility)
- We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul, here or hereafter. (Karma is just imperfect understanding of Natural Law and one works to gain understanding here and hereafter.)
- We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing are Divine attributes, proven through Mediumship. (Everyone has latent mediumistic ability)
The presentation is taken directly from the PowerPoint file with minimal supporting comment. Of course, I added quite a lot to these points during the talk. If you would like to know more about these slides or perhaps offer your point of view, I am available on the ATransC Idea Exchange at http://atransc.org/forum in: 1. Public Discussion › Metaphysics forum under: Current science which may apply to metaphysics. I prefer to discuss these subjects there because questions and answers remain available for other to read.
This information has been covered in other essays, especially under the Concepts tab in the main pages. Speaking to a group with limited time to explain concepts has made communication difficult. Also, the diagrams tell much of the story, so using PowerPoint was useful.
For above, see the How We Think essay.
For more on these hypotheses, see the Trans-Survival Hypothesis Essay under the Concepts tab.
For above, see the Mindfulness Essay under the Concepts tab
This is part of the Implicit Cosmology, which is a hypothesis developed to help explain the phenomena of transcommunication, especially Instrumental TransCommunication (ITC). The functional areas are explained in the Creative Process essay. 
Play the EVP