As a field of study, Instrumental TransCommunication (ITC), which in the audio form is more commonly known as Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP), provides an important perspective of consciousness, survival of consciousness and what it means to be a citizen of the greater reality.
The relationship amongst the various aspects of reality is described as a cosmology based on the Trans-survival Hypothesis. The objective is to provide a context in which to understand the various concepts associated with the hypothesis such as what is intended by personality, what does perceptual agreement mean, what is mediumship (or the broader concept of transcommunication) and what are etheric fields.
The cosmology is approached as a series of articles addressing basic concepts which are then ordered with the cosmology provided here. They are listed below.
Believe what you wish but understand the implications of what you believe.
You can live your entire life without once thinking about why. It is pretty clear that we are here to live our life. However, with each life experience comes a small modification of how we think of our world, and how we think of our world has a lot to do with our next life experience.
The body we are associated with, our avatar, is human and human instincts will serve you just fine so long as you are living by yourself. But of course, you are living in a society of people which is governed by laws. You have been taught to override your body’s instinct. You have been taught social norms.
Slavery was once a social norm, as were smoking and male dominated societies. Society today has evolved away from such commonly accepted practices as more has been learned about their consequences. Society today has evolved over the years and continues to evolve as more and more people take time to examine the consequences of their actions.
The evolution of society is possible because citizens respond to an innate urge to understand the relationship between action and consequence. Allowing understanding to modify action tends to make the consequences more enjoyable. Happiness is promoted by harmony in society and harmony is promoted by actions that are in agreement with the governing principles of nature.
You need not agree that there are governing principles of nature; however, living as if they exist will improve your life. In practical application, you will eventually come to live that way, whether or not you think of them as universal principals of nature. That is the direction of society’s evolution; from unpleasant to harmony.
Some principles, such as balance is better than extremes, are obvious. Others are more obscure. For instance, realizing you create your own reality is not easily understood, nor are the implications of the creative process. Understanding that you are responsible for your actions turns out to be very liberating, and while it would seem to diminish the need for social norms, it actually brings new meaning to the idea of citizenship and the greater good. We all gain from a harmonious society.
It is easy to live in a way that contradicts the ordering principles. After all, with personal responsibility comes free will. The thing is, though, as a general rule not living in accordance with the principles degrades quality of life for the individual and the general good of society. Again, you have self-determination and you are the arbiter of your life.
You need not accept the Trans-survival Hypothesis. You may disagree with some of the details or with the whole idea of continued life and the greater reality. The point is not so much that you need to agree. The whole idea is for you to be aware of the concepts–survival, an etheric you, instinct to understand; if you are just aware of the fact that what you believe to be true determines just about everything in your life, that you are the creator and you create based on what you have been taught, then you will have the tools you need to take control of your life.
The lesson of the Trans-survival Hypothesis is that you existed before this lifetime and will continue to exist hereafter. What you do now matters now, but perhaps more important is that it matters a lot in your future. If you are fearful, that fear will tend to be more easily realized after your transition, as thought more easily become things. We are told that prejudices take a while to be set right after our transition. While there is no need for fear, we are told that it takes a while to overcome that fear and doing so can color our future opportunities to learn. Physically dying offers no escape from our prejudices.
You need not believe any of this, but if you pay attention and do the work to understand the concepts, then what you will find here can help you live a good life … here and hereafter.
How to study this cosmology
This suite of articles is designed to help you understand the concept of survival and governing principles. They have been written from the perspective of an engineer who is well versed in metaphysics and the many forms of transcommunication. Engineers are a different lot. They are problem solvers and respond to a powerful urge to understand the inner workings of systems and then apply that understanding to daily living. A good engineer seeks to produce actionable results, meaning you should be able to put them to work in your life.
You are not asked to believe anything, buy anything or commit to anything. As you can see at the bottom of this page, the I use the Creative Commons license. As long as you credit the source and do not use the material for profit, you are welcome to use the material on the website unless otherwise noted. All of the cosmology series is under this license.
In the spirit of full disclosure, this material is expected to be incorporate into the Theory section of a book which will be available for purchase … someday. Authors should contact me for limited commercial use.
Doing the work
One point you do need to understand. As a piece of technical writing, the cosmology series is pretty well written. The subject is not technically difficult to understand; it is only a little complex. You should notice that a few concepts are talked about over and over in different contexts, so once you get the idea about the concepts, the articles should begin to be intuitively obvious. The problem is, you must do the work by taking the time to read the material and understand the concepts. Ample links have been provided to additional references, and taking time to follow them and read the material will help.
Not trying to understand this material because it is too complicated is unacceptable. An old Zen Buddhist saying: “Before enlightenment chop wood – carry water, after enlightenment chop wood – carry water.” One must do the work to understand. One must do the work to continue learning. Study the material and do not expect to understand all of it with one reading. Contemplate your worldview.
Writing these articles has been an interesting challenge. Doing so in the hyperlink world of the Internet has been very helpful, and the results will translate will into an eBook. By the time the last essay was written, the terminology had evolved so that virtually every word had to be reviewed for consistency. That process will be repeated as the material is folded into a book, and will likely result in many small changes to the Internet articles. Forgive me for the potential confusion, but this is something of a frontier with few guideposts.
The really exciting part of this work is that another séance or question from a website visitor may at any time lead to yet another “aha moment” resulting in fundamental modifications of these essays. Thus, is the nature of spiritual growth.
All of the concepts are intended to be consistent within the cosmology series. For instance, “understanding” is a reasonable concept when linked with progression and spiritual maturity. It may not be reasonable outside of the series. You are only being asked to tentatively accept the meaning of these concepts within the cosmology, because doing so, allows you to learn the concepts. If and how you describe them outside of the cosmology is up to you.
Begin your study by reading the rest of this page, as it includes the basic cosmology. Then, read the Trans-Survival Hypothesis. That article is complete in itself, but will make more sense if you know where I think a theory about survival of consciousness should go. (The hypothesis is named as such to avoid confusion with the usual version of a survival hypothesis considered in parapsychology.) Then read the supporting essays. The only essay that needs to be read first is the Creative Process. After that, it is probably best if you read them in the order they are listed here.
After reading the first set of essays, read the the Principles and then read Mindfulness. If you are familiar with Natural Law as it is usually taught, then the principles will look rather different. They are written in the context of this cosmology. Again, I need to stress that everything here is a system. Things should make sense within the system and it is up to you to translate them into your terms outside of the system.
The principles tell you how to get along with nature but I have avoided moralizing. The Living Well article is a little different. In that article, I did resist moralizing, but I think it would be irresponsible of me not to attempt at least a rudimentary article conveying the “so what” of the cosmology. Read that article last. Yes, it does sound a lot like “Thou Shalt,” but how does one talk about implications of the cosmology for right living without sounding a little righteous?
Finally, the Glossary of Terms is something of a text book in itself. Reading it might be useful, but at the very least, be sure to look up terms in the glossary if you need a reminder.
Please Help Improve This Work
The Implicit Cosmology amounts to a complex system that probably has more than a few grammatical, consistency and logical errors. Please take the time to let me know directly or via the contact tool if you see something that needs correcting or about which you would like to make suggestions.
All else follows
Discourses about concepts which are implied by the Trans-Survival Hypothesis are listed in order of recommended reading
- Etheric Fields
- Life Field
- Creative Process
- Perceptual Agreement
- Point of View
- Healing Intention
- Personality-Centric Perspective
- What it is Like on the Other Side
- Glossary of Terms
- Cosmology of Imaginary Space
- Holographic ITC
- Physical Processes Involved in Trans-etheric Influences
- Comparing Personality-Body Models
The main elements of this cosmology are explained in detail in the article listed above. Links have been provided to help explain them, should you not already know the concept. Otherwise, this section has been deliberately abbreviated to facilitate understanding.
An important consideration while reading this material is that it is written more from the perspective of etheric personality, rather than from that of a person looking out at the world through the eyes of his or her body. Take your time to find that perspective, as it is an important one to have for a person who is really native of the greater reality and only visiting this local for a few lessons.
These “givens” are based on the Trans-Survival Hypothesis.
There is a first Source (personality)
Call Source the topmost life field. This cosmology does not attempt to look beyond Source as the initial cause of the “greater” reality and the origin of purpose.
The fundamental aspect of reality is the life field. The major elements of which are:
- Life fields are etheric fields and Source is the top life fields. Perception of life fields is experienced as personality.
- Reality is the expression of Source. Aspects of Source, as life fields and their expressions, exist “within” reality.
- As the top life field, Source seeks to understand its local reality and does so by imagining itself in learning experiences.
- Source’s imagined experience is in the form of an aspect of Source engaging in the imagined situation.
- Learning experiences are in venues for learning such as the physical universe which is imagined by one or more personalities (aspects of Source).
- Understanding is achieved when the aspect behaves in harmony with reality. That is, when personality’s personal reality (worldview) is in agreement with local reality.
- Harmony is manifest as agreement amongst the aspect of imagined reality.
- Perceptual agreement is determined by the “content” of worldview. In effect, aspects of reality are able to associate depending on how much one aspect “believes” in the other.
- Reality is hierarchical in that Source’s aspects also create aspects to gain understanding.
- Objects of reality are ideoplastic structures. They are formed in the creative process based on worldview and intention.
- The creator personality remains entangled with objects of reality it expresses.
- Aspects of reality exist in the form of etheric fields, often hierarchical collectives of fields such as that of the human body or a tree.
- Worldview “contains” personal reality. In morphic fields, it is “nature’s habit.”
- Perception of reality is relative.
- Reality is regional, and those regions can be seen as local reality as opposed to the greater reality.
- Each personality is a creator and source for its local reality; however local reality is a consensus of experiencing personalities and the personality(s) that originated the venue.
- Personal reality is reality as it is perceived by personality.
- The physical aspect of reality is an aspect of the greater reality.
- Creation of reality continues.
- If Source is reality and aspects of Source exist to understand that reality, then Source’s understanding increases as its aspects progress.
- The creative process results in expression that modifies reality, which in tern creates new opportunity for increased understanding, which in turn modifies expression of the creative process. Thus reality evolves
- Personality inherits instinct (urge or imperative) to fulfill a specific purpose and self-determination in how to proceed.
- Personality’s purpose is to experience reality, recognize underlying principles, understand the implications, and return to its creator personality with that understanding.
- Personality differentiates the nature of etheric fields according to its worldview, and emanates that expression into its environment via the creative process.
- Progression is a function of how well a personality understands the nature of the greater reality. Understanding is inherited by aspects of personalities. (See the diagram for Progression, above)
- Personality is only able to associate with aspects of reality with which it is in perceptual agreement. (Principle of Agreement)
“Perceptual agreement” is a function of understanding (“spiritual maturity”?) as it is represented in worldview. This is the foundation concept for the avatar relationship between personality and physical body.
- During a physical lifetime, a personality is entangled with a human body in an avatar relationship. (Personality is who we really are and physical self is who we think we are.)
- Personality is not directly associated with the physical venue for learning and cannot directly cause a physical effect.
- Personality remains cognizant of what the physical person is aware of–the person’s conscious self, but that awareness is moderated by the physical person’s worldview.
- Personality’s understanding depends on the comprehension of the physical personality, which is limited by the person’s ability to align personal reality with local reality–how well does worldview agree with true reality.
- The physical person inherits a degree of understanding (spiritual maturity) and the urge to gain specific understanding by way of experiences at the time of birth.
- The physical person relates to its etheric personality as the unconscious self. Lucidity is the extent to which the person is able to be aware of the unconscious.
- The physical person’s ability to work with the creative process, for instance psi functioning and mediumship, is a function of lucidity.
Comments and Observations
You will know when you begin to understand this cosmology when you begin to intuitively relate living situations to the principles and adjust your behavior accordingly. Of course, this is not a necessary outcome, but from my perspective, after working with this for so many years, you will not “get it” until you can react to a situation as “That contradicts such and such a principle and maybe I should do something else.”
At the very least, it is important you understand that virtually all of the evidence seems to be saying that:
- The physical person is the channel through which trans-etheric influences are enabled but the entangled personality is the source of those influences.
- Your ability to sense your etheric personality is a matter of how well you pay attention to your inner sensing. Meditation helps but practice is far more effective. Learning how to be a mental medium, trying to develop distant and contact healing and/or clairvoyance (remote viewing) are ways of increasing lucidity.
- Read the essay, “Mindfulness.” If you do, and kind of “squint your eyes” to see the big picture, you will understand that it is all about making sure what you believe is real. It really does not matter what you do. What matters is why you do it and what you expected as an outcome. See: mindfulness.
- There really is no difference between getting information psychically or via mediumship. Every form of physical information comes to us through the personality/avatar channel. That paranormal event you experienced was only possible because of the channel–yours, some other interested person or a group of involved people. The EVP you recorded came through you or an interested observer. It depended on your worldview for physical form: your language, your experiences and your beliefs including fears and understanding. All of this is in your control.
- You are an immortal personality associated with a mortal human being for this lifetime. When your body is no longer able to support you here, you will be free to return your attention to your natural habitat in the etheric. The catch is that you will only be able to associate with that which you can accept as real, and what you consider real is being learned in this lifetime. Those silly, unfounded beliefs about the world you have in your worldview will likely be realized upon your transition into the greater reality. That new world you create will keep you from “going on” until you come to your senses. Even in “death,” your lucidity will be clouded until you believe in your etheric self and all it implies.
- The relationship between your conscious self (I Am This) and your true I Am in the etheric–your etheric personality–is dependent in the thread of entanglement referred to here as lucidity. Once your personality entered into a lifetime, it committed to a process that clouds worldview so much that, at first, it could not sense what its avatar sensed. In time, you will have begun to pay more attention to your inner urges and to relate actions with results to see pattern that have meaning beyond the simple experience. As you have done this, your personality would have been able to more easily influence your actions. You will have gained in spiritual maturity.
This process of awakening will continue, and as it does, the difference between your conscious self and your personality will diminish–your I Am This will be the same as your I Am. It is likely that this process will need to continue beyond your transition out of this lifetime. The extent to which your lucidity is still moderated by your worldview after your transition will affect your “getting well” phase and help determine your next venue for learning.
The evidence is not clear on this, but it appears that each of us experiences many lifetimes in many different venues for learning as we evolve our worldview to achieve the understanding the same as our personality; to “return” to our source, as it is said. While we are not clear on this process, we are sure that everything depends on how well we can manage what we believe. You alone are the arbiter of your future.
- It looks like you are your own judge when you transition out of this lifetime. You will not be judged by others, but you will sense how you affected them. You always have self-determination, but that is limited by the agreement between your worldview and reality.
- A person might chose to remain close to the physical, but again, it is a function of worldview, so the idea of being earthbound is really the idea of not knowing to go on. You can fix that now.
- There is no evil in the biblical sense. It is all about perceptual agreement. Expression from the creative process that is in accord with nature persists while that which is not is not sustainable and quickly dissipates. People do behave badly, but people feel justified in some way. It comes back to worldview. Fix that and you fix evil.
This is not just an exercise in logic. One of my objectives has been to figure out a realistic way of solving the world’s problems without imposing one person’s will on another. Huge prisons sounded good for a while, as did public caning and outlawing manufacture of bullets. In the end, it occurred to me that people do try to do the right thing. The problem is that what they think is the right thing and what is realistically consistent with nature are often two different things. And of course, it is increasingly common to encounter people whose mind no longer channels their etheric personality. If their brain does not work right, then it is difficult for them to faithfully “do the right thing.”
Seth told us that the only sin was to impose our will on another (this is a paraphrase and I do not remember the source.) It is one thing to protect others by imposing restrictions on people behaving badly, but where does one draw the line. Who is to determine what qualifies as “behaving badly.”
In recent years, I came to realize that education is the most important means for a society to foster good citizens. It occurred to me that if people realized they are immortal beings and that what they do now matters for the rest of their eternity, perhaps they would discover mindfulness. To than end, an interesting EVP reported in 2006 by a 4Cell group provides an idea of what we all might expect upon our transition:
Cell Name: CellOctetic
Demo 3 Question: “What were some of your misconceptions about death and/or life on the other side?”
Questioner: Terry Dulin
Sender: Debra Caruso
Receiver: Vicki Talbott
Scribe: Mary Jo Gran
Answer: Vicki told us that, “Braden (her son) wanted us to know that the answer ‘Regrets’ was a very difficult one for him to give. The order of the EVP that was most important was the following: ‘It’s just hard to answer this,’ Followed directly by ‘Regrets.’
“I think that he and his friends on the other side did not want to hurt their moms or frighten others—they discussed whether Braden could even say it. He knew I could handle it, but others might not be able to. The EVP came as you see it above. As I said, Braden wants us to know that this is an important part of our passing, our life review.” [Vicky did not know the question when she asked for the answer.]
Editor’s Comment: Near Death Experience researchers appear to be in agreement that we do experience a life review, and that it is from the perspective of those with whom we have interacted during the lifetime. This review can be expected to be emotionally painful, and is probably the foundation on which we build new spiritual understanding. The 4Cell results are amongst the very few we have seen indicating all is not fun and games when we make our transition.